An Autumn mantel decoration

Autumn fireplace mantel decoration

This year I'm super excited to celebrate all the seasons. And the reason being is that now I have a mantel to decorate. But not just any mantel; this one is a 1938 kind of mantel! Because of this great excitement, today I'm sharing my first styled mantel where I took my inspiration from the lovely colors of the stone used on its header and legs.

Autumn fireplace mantel decoration

As you'll notice this stone has an organic design carving which I'm roughly guessing can be of Mediterranean Revival influence. Nevertheless, I can only conclude that who ever designed it thought very well on what can be used over and over again from years to come. This fireplace header carving is definitely an attention grabber hence my excitement when it comes to decorating its mantel.

Autumn fireplace mantel decoration

Following the visual movement its organic design creates, I'm throwing several natural objects into the mix to make it more vivid. Some dry cotton branches and mini wood disks (from Michaels) echo the natural aspect of the fireplace header. 

Autumn fireplace mantel decoration

Autumn fireplace mantel decoration

Because it is Fall (one of my favorite seasons), pumpkins and owls are a must. This feathery creature made of mercury glass (from Home Decorators Collection) came with a foam base which I took off so I could place a battery operated flickering tea light. Just love its soft glimmering light at nights

Autumn fireplace mantel decoration

For this vignette I also used some pumpkins. One made out of wood (from Target) and the other, a real gourd. This bumpy little thing lost its stem, so I made him a new one with some strongly twisted brown paper. I hid this gourd under a apothecary glass dome (also from Michaels) with some dry honeycombs.

Autumn fireplace mantel decoration

With this soft palette I created a Autumn mantel that can easily make a transition into Halloween  or even Christmas by just adding additional accents or even greenery. What style did you used in your mantel? If you don't have one, what is your favorite nook to decorate during the festivities? Share with me your ideas, I'm always in the look for some inspiration. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this Gloribell...we featured it on The Inspiration Gallery and I shared it on FB...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy thank you so much! This is such a huge honor. Appreciate your constant support. Have a lovely Fall season!

      Delete