Sideboard design idea


It's been awhile since I pin a sideboard onto my Interior Design board. Ever since that day, I've been dreaming on having a similar one; but when struck by the expensive reality of that Ralph Lauren piece, suddenly my dreams got shattered.
Because I wasn't going to give up so easily, and taking advantage of my dad's visit (my one and only carpenter guru), I began doodling my idea. What started as a RL sideboard ended up being a mix between that piece and a WE reclaimed wooden buffet.
This is how I'm picturing my sideboard to look like.



Hopefully during the following couple of weeks I'll be sharing the progress of our first "homemade" piece of furniture.
Have you ever build anything from a mere idea? Did it ended up looking the way you imagined it to be? Share with me your experience.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful you have your dad to enjoy and collaborate with. Looks great! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, Ivy! But sadly he is not going to be a long time. He came here to help us with the moving and renovations, but I stole him for this project! I hope you enjoy your weekend as well.

      Delete